Monday, January 24, 2011

#4 : French Bakeries in Seoul

So I think I should talk about how much Korean people like/appreciate/love/dedicate a worship to our beautiful and magnificent sparsely unpopulated country : France ...

French bakeries are actually the most striking and weird thing I saw when I first arrived in Seoul. I mean that's worth that a Starbucks every 5 meters in the USA, here you got like 2 Paris Baguette and 1 Tous Les Jours every 2 meters.


Successful expatriation ... 



Oh and the way that korean people pronounce theses words is obviously funny "pali baguéteuuu" and "tu ley zuull"...

I was really interested about what do these bakeries sell. So I walked through the first Paris Baguette I saw on the street and I have to say that I'm really suprised in a good way.
Here, everything is "home made", I mean every bakery is making the bulk of the proposed pastries, with a bakers armada of approximately 3 or 4 bakers/salesman for only one bakery.

Concerning the stuff proposed, the choice is really amazing : french baguettes, cereal breads, plain croissants, chocolate croissants, raisin swirls, cream puffs, amazing cakes (not french at all). There is also a great choice of french biscuits (with particularly La mère Poulard breton Biscuits)
Also, for lunch, I found many sandwiches ... mhhhh ... and actually the korean Paris Baguette CEO has to know that we do NOT put cranberry marmalade in our chicken sandwich ... 
I mean I was really uspet when I crunched in a lovely chicken/salad/tomato/cereal Bread sandwich tasting something unusually sweety in my mouth .... Yeah, fucking cranberry marmalade...

Whatever, there are also numerous kind of affordable salads, with balsamic sauces. I particularly appreciated finding here tomato/mozzarella salad or chicken salad. There are mostly the same that we can find in a french bakery like Paul or La Brioche dorée.


I also find out that korean brand Paris Baguette has recently openned some bakeries in the USA ... Probably the sign of a company on the top.






No comments:

Post a Comment