Sunday, January 23, 2011

#3 : The JimjilBan


If there is a single piece of culture that I have experienced so far that I want to integrate deeply into my way of living, jimjilBan is it.  I only spent hours in the little slice of heaven on earth, but I can assure you there are many hours of jimjilBan in my future.

I went there at 5 PM, after clubbing. Almost every foreigner student does that once, it's cheaper that coming back home in taxi and quite secure.

I went to a place called (I don't remember actually).  It cost 8,000 won (roughly 5€) to get in.  I was given key bracelets for my wrist and a locker.  I took off my shoes and put them in a shoe locker.  I walked to the women's floor (yeah men & women are not on the same floor). 



Once I reached the women's floor I went to the locker and took off my clothes and put a swimsuit. I went into a main spa area and hopped in a tub that was 41 degrees C. I have no idea what made it healthy but it was cooler than the two next to it so I thought it was a good place to start.  The bath directly next to it was called a hot bath, it was 45 degrees C.  Across from me was a cold spa with three teenage girls playing in it.  The water was 17 degrees C.  The girls were splashing around like they were at the beach, that was really awkward  for me to see that because as a teenager I don't remember ever playing around naked in the water with other girls, apparently I missed out. 


For some reasons which are quite obvious I did not take my camera in. There were a number of massage tables with women lying naked on the tables and other women standing next to them in swim suits.  

Then, I decided to have a rest. I went out the bathroom, put my short & tee shirt and find the relaxation room. That was a small room in the dark, here were already some women who were sleeping deeply. I take a thin mattress, a pillow in a corner a room and I put it on the floor. I fall asleep right after lying on mattress. 
When I woke up, I was totally  relaxed and that was so goooooooood that I hardly recommend that experiment to other people !



No comments:

Post a Comment