Monday, March 21, 2011

Calendars are for careful people, not passionate ones.



Long time no see ....Time runs so fast, and I didn't write anything for such a long time ...So many things to talk about. Maybe I should probably begin by the very beginning, and the early days of March.

Hanyang

I began university courses on the 3rd of March, and I have to say that's quite interesting. I take 4 courses a week (basically spattered between Tuesday and Wednesday). So, concerning the courses that I decided to take, they are similar as the ones I used to have in France : Economics, International Business, Marketing ect ...

But the fact is that in Hanyang University, courses turn into something really interesting : professors get such a new way to speak about business, always talking about time as the precious thing that you can get in your all life. So in this way, no time to sleep, no time to eat, time should only be used to study and make korea a more powerful country ... wow

So I take courses of International Economics, Marketing Management  on Tuesday and then, on Wednesday I have International Business and Fashion Business. As you can see, courses seem to be sooooooooooo cool, but they're juste talking about normal things I already learned at school :

In International Economics, we're talking about the things we learned in high school. Then in Marketing Management w're for instance studying SWOT, BCG Matrix ect ....
But the fact is that's not boring at all because teachers are introducing their subject differently, with another approach, so that's still interesting. Also I cannot get boring of ONLY 2 days at school a week obviously ...

Hanyang Dormitories


I'm living in Hanyang Dormitories because it's really cheaper than living in an appartment in Seoul. That's also super good because that's basically ON the campus, so I thought time to go to school is reduced to the strict mimimum (but at that time I didn't figure the size of the campus out yet ...)
What's to say about the dormitories .... haha long story ...
First : no kitchen AT ALL, that means that you cannot cook at all. There's just on fridge for all the dorms and sometimes, when you put something in, next day you cannot find it again (people coming back from parties are usually starving to death and turn into good robbers) so basically you do not put something in that non sure fridge ...

Then, we also get two different dormitories, on ONLY for girls and one for boys. So, no boy is allowed in the girls dormitory but the fact is 4 japanese guys are living on the first floor of our dorms ... Also, there's a guard who is watching everything you can do in the public areas of the dorms through numerous cameras.

Also, there's something such as a curfew from 00:30 to 5:30. So for Hanyang, that should implies that students should NOT come in the dorms during that time ... hahaha is that a joke ??? so now, Hanyang students developed news ways to open the dorms doors : putting a flat paper between the 2 doors, then going up and up to reach the cell in order to activate it and open the doors. All that operation should be really quiet because in addition the guard is sleeping next door ... but that's fine, touch of spy games in the night ...

Concerning my roomate, in my application form I wrote NO FRENCH PLEASE in bold, red, underligned 3 times but the fact is despite of everything, my roomate is ... french ... but not just french, from MY business school. So basically I know her a little. And I think that's a little bit bad because I speak french all day and all night long.

English Lessons

I got plenty of empty time so I can do lots of stuff outside the University. I decided to give some english lessons to earn a little bit of money. So I found 2 people who were interested in learning english  with me. I was first really afraid (can I really handle it ?) because, well english is not my mother tongue. But anyway, I have to say that's good, I meet that people every sunday for 2 hours and we read newspapers and talk about recent world activities. Good for them, they learn english, good for me, I have to speak english and pay attention not to do any mistake.

Ballet lessons

Due to loooooooooots of empty time I also decided to take some ballet lessons, because I do not want to turn into a "thing" which spend her entire day in bed, geeking on facebook or doing any useless thing else. Just a waste of time here ... so to motivate myself I decided to take 4 ballet lessons a week in order to keep me awake and dynamic. Courses are really great, even if sometimes that's a little bit hard. I mean the professor is korean and all the other dancers are korean. So even if the teacher always shows us the gesture first sometimes I don't get the entire explanation ...
I take theses courses outside of the university because the university does not offer ballet lessons. I find the dance studio were I'm going on the internet and then, with the help of my Hanyang mentor, I went there to registrer myself.

Nutshell

Anyway, I enjoy so much Seoul, and life here is really so exiting. In the next few days I'll try to post some new articles because you should be aware of the crazy seoul day&night life

Ah, and at last but not least, not not not at all actually :) I'm going to Thailand in 3 days, to visit Bangkok and Krabi ... I cannot dream of a better life for now ...


1 comment:

  1. Hey there,
    great blog. I am studying your posts to get more info for my south-korea trip in some weeks :)
    very interesting and helpful so far.
    keep going.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete