Monday, March 21, 2011

Pray for Japan



Picture from garancedore.fr
 

Yesterday, I saw on the korean TV news a report about little villages in Japan which were completly destroyed by the tsunami. I don't want to speak about these villages but about their inhabitants. I mean, the report was showing long list of names ... that was actually names of survivors, people who were registrered on lists and who are still alive now. Then, the TV report ends with pictures of families and people gathered again. These pictures where so meaningfull for me, because first people lived with such a big fear of having lost some of their relatives and now they know everything is ok for them, they're safe and I think showing such pictures instead of showing pictures of death and destroyed things are not much that a huge message of hope.

Seeing their happiness trough this report make me think about me ... I mean I really relativize about my own life, more over because I'm just 1 200 km from Fukushima.

Concerning the nuclear clouds and all that stuff I know lots of french medias were exagerating the phenomenon. The fact is that everything is completly normal, I mean everybody was at school, we continue to take parties, and despite of some french speeches asian world is still ok ...People still continue to travel, nobody is sheltering in his house, life must go on ... even in Japan, unversities are still openned, and students can continue to study !

For me the major problem is the economic problem : Since WW2, this is the biggest crisis for Japan and that crisis will have some impacts on the entire asian world. Japan exchange every year more than 40% of its total exchange with Korea, so basically I think Korea will be the first country to suffer from that crisis ... We cannot predict the future but I think the crisis impact will be huge in all the asian area.

Howver, asian countries get that crazy ability to reborn from nothing in few years, so I think asian countries will react quickly and find new ways to keep their grozth competitive on the international scene again

No comments:

Post a Comment