Thursday, February 10, 2011

#9 : Garak Market

Main gate of Garak Market


I'm living really near to the biggest fruits, vegetables and marine products market of the ENTIRE country, so I thought that night that I really need to go there, before I'll leave the songpa neighborhood to settle in the Hanyang boring dormitories (in exactly 13 days).

So I went there for lunch and I was really surprised : big streets, scooters everywhere, this is not a market that's a hanthill ! full of busy hants...






So I decided to begin by ... the first sector that I found : fruits and vegetables ... That was really pleasant because it was really colorful, aesthetically beautiful to see. Concerning what is bought here, you find commonly the same fruits & vegetables that in france, broccolis, zucchinis, tomatoes, pineapples, bananas, oranges .... but you also find some special things such as different kinds of roots and spinach








Then I went to the dried pepper market and that was my favorite one, that smelt so goooood ! I liked the atmosphere here, and the colors. Also, pepper displays remind me moroccan markets








Finally, I wanted to see the fish market, but I didn't find it ... So, I asked a man who seemed to be a businessman (I said to myself that he was probably able to speak english) and yeaaaah I was right (for the english spoken and also for the businessman). He was really nice and he asked his personal driver to bring me to that fish market ... Korean people are so nice !! And the fish market was up to my expectations, exquisite smell, beautiful fishes and some weird things to ...




No comments:

Post a Comment