Sunday, February 6, 2011

#6 : Ski Session Korea



This week-end I went with my family to 2 of the most famous ski resorts of Korea.
The experience was great, well obviously, now I can say 'yeah I went skiing in Korea' haha !

Concerning the sport, the real one, ski, that's so different from all that I knew before !

Like slopes are huge streets and most of them have a low gradient. When it becomes harder there is immediately fewer people. I think I can really say that Korean people just come in ski resorts to have fun but they almost don't come there to make sport and to do hard slopes. However I don't want to generalize this phenomenon : even if 90% of korean skiers are really beginners, the last 10% are really good skiers and get an incredible style when they're skiing.



Friday : Yongpyong Ski resort



YongPyong is one of the biggest ski Resort in Korea with 18 slopes. Maybe 15 slopes are for absolute beginners, but these slopes are really appreciated here. 2 four-seats-chairlifts are bringing skiers to the "top" of these slopes and they're really crowded. I skied on harder slopes (similar to easy red slopes in france) but that not so crazy. I mean the experience was good but practicing ski was not incredible at all.



Sunday : Daemyung Ski resort





Vivaldi Ski resort was better than Yongpyong because there were more harder slopes. There were also lots of easy slopes but the resort was great. Moreover, winter in Korea (and especially in ski resorts) is really pleasant (almost always sunny and deep blue sky without any cloud).

No comments:

Post a Comment